Hello Dear Lovely Reader,
Today is my February faves review of what I’ve found myself reaching for.
Here we go:
- SO CHOIX – The beauty “sample” subscription — I decided to use this despite my misgivings about how these samples are meted out from original full size beauty products and then resold. Just something to keep in mind in case you are curious I posted a bit about So Choix here. So this was a sample pack which included the Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick in Vanilla, Benefit Hoola bronzer/contour, and Benefit “Boing” Concealer in Light. What I initially liked about the site is I could pick the samples of high end products I wanted to try before spending that hard earned money on the full sized versions. I’ve used this sample four times and while the Hourglass Vanish seems to pill up and show my pores in the beginning, it then settles as the day progresses and my face looks smoother. I suspect it may be because it’s a small amount that I am spreading which is causing this so….All three I now feel comfortable to buy full sizes of. Benefit Hoola — definitely warms the face and the Benefit “Boing” Concealer lasts the entire work day.
- Klorane Color Enhancing Leave In Conditioner with Pomegranate — This stuff has me going HMMMMM all day long. $16 – $18.00 (US)
- Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Concealer – Ivory $8.99 (US) Blends in well and has light to medium coverage. I use this around my nose and it takes care of the redness for me and thus evens my skin tone and brightens me up.
- PAIR’D Lavender and Lemon Dry Shampoo – $6.00/$8.00/$14.00 (US) — Received this in a recent beauty box from How To Be A Redhead. I’m so glad for the introduction to PAIR’D. The scent is lavender delicious! I spritz this in before going to sleep at night and it helps me drift to sleep. A natural, dry shampoo to boot. Just on this alone I went to their website direct and picked up the lavender makeup remover and lavender setting spray. Hmmmmmm!
- e.l.f. Make Up Mist & Set – $3.00 (US) — Got this as part of a gift set from e.l.f. and it does the job at a great price.
- e.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation — $6.00 (US) — A light to medium coverage foundation that smooths out nicely and stays put. Very delighted with this.
- e.l.f. Studio Blush in Mellow Mauve — $3.00 (US) — A light, natural blush that I have used to warm up my face like a bronzer/contour.
Not photographed is the L.A. Colors Thin Tip liquid eyeliner that cost me a dollar at the Dollar Tree store, picked up during my last haul. The liner lasts on my eyelids all day and is easy for me to apply and the line looks pro! A steal!
OK that’s it for now. Just got some new makeup in so I’ll be updating soon! Stay lovely!