Well, here we are! January just flew by and I’m starting a new “My Fave” month by month post.
It’s my first! Now, dear Reader, please note these are not in any particular order, I tried to group them by foundation, lipstick, eyeshadow, you get the idea. But the number sequence itself, no it’s not a 1 being the greatest and 10 being last but not least…just what I’ve been finding myself going to lately…
- Essence Pure Nude “No Makeup Feel” – (#20 Pure Sand) — I put this on with my fingertips and gently apply to the skin. I don’t even need a blender for this, it’s that smooth. It gives me color and coverage, and it’s not heavy on the skin. I’d say light to medium coverage and stays on until you take it off, doesn’t break up. The application is via pump, so you have some control on how much you want to apply. The smell is not flowery or perfume-y, just kind of typical makeup no frills. The price on this is incredible too. Around $4.00 to $5.00 (U.S.) Definitely a “No Makeup Feel” and does the job of giving me a fresh natural clean look. They also don’t do animal testing. I suspect you can find this in your local beauty supply or drug store, there is a store locator on the essence website, and you can find this on Amazon.
- Glamour Doll Eyes Blush – (Peach Is The New Blush) — $2.50 (U.S.) — This one is from a small makeup company, up and coming, and this is my go to for providing a healthy color to my face when I don’t want to deal with the bronzer or contouring. I use a blush brush or big brush to put all about my face, under my cheekbones, top part of the hairline on my forehead, chin bone, nose. The color payoff is lovely and the price is unbelievable. Handmade and cruelty-free. As their site says: “always cruelty free; never animal tested! meow!” Their ingredients are listed on their website.
- Marrakesh Oil Hairstyling Elixir – Had gotten my initial sample from FabFitFun subscription and have since ordered more. The smell is sensuous, I take a little of the oil (it has a pump, and one pump will do), rub it between my hands and then run my hands through my ends, with whatever left over for flyaways on the top of my head. This does improves shine and controls frizz. The smell is gorgeous sultry and spicy, I love it and got hooked immediately. The price for a 2 oz. bottle of this wonder is $18.00 – $22.00 (U.S.) on Amazon.
- e.l.f. Cosmetics – Mad For Matte II – $10.00 (U.S.) — I’ve written up about this – it’s available only online at their website. Best deal on eyeshadow (the matte colors here are not typical and for that, as well as good color pigmentation, easy blending, package design, a mirror and great price, gets 5 stars from me.
- Shaaanxo x BH Cosmetics 18 Eyeshadow/Lipstick Palette – $14.50 (U.S.) — Another winner I’ve written about – you get the most bang for your buck as this has both eyeshadows (9 of them on one side) and lipcolors (9 of them on the other). The color selection is pigmented, very pretty and versatile, package design is genius, compact, is sturdy and comes with a magnet closure, easy to travel with. You can also find it on Ulta.
- Hello Kitty x Colourpop Super Shock Cheek in “Coin Purse” — $8.00 (U.S.) — My write up is here, but I find myself come back to this over and over; it was even part of my New Year’s look. For a pale girl like me, a little of it puts instant “health” onto my cheeks and I just can’t get enough of this lovely pink matte color. So perfectly pink!
- Hello Kitty x Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in “Milk Bottle” — $6.00 (U.S.) — By now dear Reader, you know how much I love the HK x Colourpop collab, and the Ultra Matte lippies so this HAD to get on the list. Something I keep going back to, great colors and staying power and incredible price. I believe I have every lippie of this line at this point.
- Besame Cosmetics – 1941 Victory Red Special Edition lipstick — $21.00 (U.S.) — The most beautiful red, incredible packaging and the whole message of what the owner of this small makeup company presents is just wonderful and I hope more people check them out because they’re bringing beauty back, ol’ school glam, the ritual, the glorious mystery that is woman and I LOVE IT! Their face brightening powders are awesome too. Please check them out. My post is here.
- Selena x M.A.C. – lipsticks $18.00 – Limited edition. Just checked the M.A.C. website and the line will “go away forever” January 31. Nooooo! The lipsticks are creamy, very pigmented, and gorgeous. They’ve sold out 3x before on M.A.C. as a limited run. I only finally got mine two weeks ago. Get them before they’re gone. My post on the lipsticks is here.
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow (202) — $12.99 (U.S.) — Actually the Infallible line of foundations, the Pro-Glow, the Matte and the Total Cover are pretty decent, it just depends on what you like for your finish and coverage.
- Brush mentions: all go to e.l.f. — I favor the “C” brush, ($3.00 U.S. – for eyeshadow application) the Small Tapered brush ($3.00 U.S. and very versatile to set powder under eye/top cheekbone or apply blush) and to finish the look, I tend to go to the Ultimate Blending Brush ($6.00 U.S.). Cruelty-free. Great price, great performance, YAY e.l.f.!
I just realized I didn’t put an eyeliner or mascara or GASP! a primer or setting spray! Oh well, next time. The list was getting pretty long…LOL!
What are your January faves? What have you found yourself reaching for lately?
Have a beautiful week! xoxo